What is CCPA?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), widely regarded as the most extensive consumer privacy law in the United States, was implemented on January 1, 2020. Similar to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that protects personal data of all European Union-based residents, this California privacy law applies to all business entities that collect personal data of consumers in California regardless of their size and location. Such California data privacy law gives California residents control over how their personal data is handled.
In a landmark development, all California consumers will have the following rights enshrined in California privacy law:
- The right to know what specific information is being collected, and by whom.
- The right not to have personal information shared or sold.
- The right of access to protections against for-profit entities not compliant to the California privacy law.
Who needs to comply?
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) applies to businesses, headquartered inside or outside of California, that collect personal information of California State Residents and that satisfy at least one of three conditions:
- Annual Gross revenue more than $25 million.
- Handling (buying, selling, etc.) personal information of more than 50,000 CA consumers, households, or devices annually.
- Gets at least 50 percent of annual revenue from selling CA consumers’ personal information.
What is the penalty for Non-compliance?
- Fine for violation of CCPA Compliance is $2,500 to $7,500
- $100 to $750 per consumer per incident after civil action
- Businesses have 30 days to cure violations of this California data privacy law and inform consumers that they have done so
How to implement CCPA Compliance?
If your company is serving or employing California residents, WCG recommends starting the process of becoming compliant today. These steps need to be implemented in CCPA Compliance meticulously:
- Conduct a complete data inventory. Make sure you have a thorough understanding of the scope of personal data being stored on company IT infrastructure, and the degree to which the business is “selling” data.
- Communicate the rights of individuals to the data they provide from time-to-time. Your team will be obliged to provide individual customers with an update within 45 days of the inquiry.
- Ensure every business unit – including marketing and business development understand that every new customer has the right to opt-out of data selling.
- Be sure to update service-level agreements with third-party data processors.
- Remediate information security gaps and system vulnerabilities.
WCG is your trustworthy CCPA service provider who will partner with you to determine your business’ compliance gaps with CCPA Compliance Services and assist you to become compliant.
How will WCG help you?
As an experienced CCPA service provider, WCG’s CCPA Compliance services analyze your organization’s current state of California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) components, alongside required or best practices, to identify gaps and actionable recommendations. WCG helps your organization efficiently develop a strategic CCPA Compliance approach to achieve the desired results.
Achieving these benefits requires organizations to develop a clear understanding of domestic and international regulations that apply to their operations and industry. WCG’s CCPA Compliance Services focus on assessments and audits around particular domain components such as data security (California Consumer Privacy Act, ISO 27001, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning). These assessments and audits are essential to sustain the viability of a system and to avoid violating of the law, while meeting statutory, regulatory, security, and contractual obligations.
Our FedRAMP process and use of internal application provide a faster and simplified approach to evaluate controls and identify deficiencies. Depending on your application or service’s complexity, categorization of risk level, and maturity of infrastructure, we can effectively and efficiently get you ready for the authorization up to 60 days, which saves 80% faster time to market.
Our pricing is competitive and straightforward with no hidden agenda, miscellaneous charges, or add-on fees, which provides you with at least 40% cost savings compared to others’ pricing and approach.
Our dedicated team is incredibly talented, knowledgeable, and experienced in conducting FedRAMP assessments and providing consulting in accordance with NIST 800-53 Revision 5. We have unique experiences in working with both the federal government agencies (such as the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, and General Services Administration) and corporate cloud services providers who serve the federal government. These experiences allow us to have the know-how to ensure businesses are successful with their assessments.
Knowledgeable and Experienced Team
Our team has unparalleled experience aiding governments and businesses around the world in defending themselves against cybercrime, reducing risks, complying with regulations, and transforming their IT, security operations & infrastructure.
WCG has hands-on IT experts who have extensive knowledge and experience helping businesses.
We provide simple, straightforward pricing with no hidden agenda, miscellaneous charges, or add-on fees.
Personalized Customer Service
Our personable, dedicated staff to answer any questions you have at any time throughout the process.
Proven Track Records
WCG has an exceptional reputation and track record for numerous services.
Adopting to Your Needs
We develop and customize an approach that suits your immediate requirements and future goals. To achieve this, WCG will provide pragmatic insights and balanced views on how to prioritize any associated actions.
Services you may be interested in
WCG’s IT Change Management services help organizations effectively manage and implement change within their environment ...Read More
Information technology was once only considered a tool to help an organization achieve its strategy, but today it is regarded...Read More
WCG understands the importance of timely project delivery that meets the budgetary requirements and objectives of an organization ...Read More
WCG utilizes its experience, state-of-the- art security techniques, processes, tools and best practices to assist...Read More
In today’s complex digital world, where connectivity, confidentiality and availability are essential components of doing...Read More
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest insights and research delivered straight towards your inbox.