Data Analyst & Scientist Internship – University Students
Download Job Description
Purpose & Description
Wilson Consulting Group, LLC (WCG) is dedicated to advancing diversity and inclusion in business, society, and within our firm. Since we posted our Black Lives Matter statement, we have been allocating support of Black lives and a pursuit of racial justice and equity.
WCG has developed a PAID holistic and intensive cybersecurity internship program for undergraduate and graduate college students from local HBCUs and other well-known higher education institutions. Students will have the opportunities to work in our sales, marketing and consulting services departments and gain business and technical skills in information technology, information security and cybersecurity, sales and marketing. Students will gain practical skills, experience, industry training and certifications, making them more prepared for and attractive to the workforce.
Who We Are Looking For
WCG is hiring intelligent, hardworking, and passionate students who are studying Data Analytics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or the equivalent in experience.
Data Analyst & Scientist Interns
Students will work with experienced staff in teams to pool together and enhance their experiences and data analytics, technical communication, problem solving, project management, leadership, and interpersonal skills to help solve current IT challenges and cybersecurity threats.
will work toward the following objectives but are not limited to:
General Skillsets and Requirements
- Analyze multiple data sources to collect consolidate, validate, and manage Enterprise IT data using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, and Power BI. Data sources include OMB MAX Portal, the eCPIC tool, CSAM, ITSM (ServiceNow/Remedy) and network monitoring tools.
- Perform detailed analysis to normalize information, extrapolate observations, define trends and opportunities for improvement
- Collect and integrate IT-related data, engagement with stakeholders to elicit and track project progress
- Review and maintain data models and data quality in association with other Data analysts
- Create presentation materials for Program Team leadership utilization and present as required
- Organize/Facilitate/Document program meetings with stakeholders, and
- Develop regular status reports for use by the Program Team in dealing with Senior Leaders and external agencies
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to define, collect, and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make fact-based recommendations.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team within a collaborative client environment
- Functional understanding of data center operations and cloud computing platforms
- Experience with IT metrics and KPI definition and reporting
- Data management experience in an IT environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (including Pivot tables)
Students will gain practical, hands-on business and technical skills, work on real high-level client projects and major tasks, produce project deliverables, gain a professional reputation, and become competitive in the information technology, information security and cybersecurity industries. This will result in gainful employment in these fields and address the specific challenges facing disadvantaged communities and STEM and Communications.
WCG will conduct a performance review of students and provide these results to the students’ respective universities for internship credits.
How To Apply
Please submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. Kindly indicate which position you are applying for in the headline of email.
Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, students will be working remotely through a WCG-commissioned laptop computer.