Title IV schools are financial institutions per Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA, 2002). Per FSA PPA & SAIG agreements, these schools must have GLBA safeguards in place. Otherwise they may be found administratively incapable (unable to properly administer Title IV fund).
A private research university needed to create its GLBA program. This is to ensure compliance to protect confidentiality and security of “nonpublic personal information” (NPI).
- Tile IV School: An institution that processes U.S federal student aid
- NPI: any “personally identifiable financial information” that a financial institution collects about an individual in connection with providing a financial product or service, unless that information is otherwise “publicly available”
WCG was contracted to develop a GLBA compliance program that would assist the university in implementing correct policies, processes, standards, techniques and technologies to securely collect, handle and transmit NPI.
WCG developed and implemented a tailored GLBA compliance program. This program was consisted of:
- Compliance Program plan
- Data maps of all processes that transmit, process, and store PII
- Policies, processes, and standards
- Awareness, training, and education plan
- Service providers agreement and process evaluation
WCG assisted the university in determining their level of compliance within the GLBA by designing systems, processes, and procedures to achieve compliance. A comprehensive GLBA program was created by WCG and validated by the university management. The new program ensured compliance with GLBA and, thereby, improved its security posture.
Services you may be interested in
WCG’s IT Change Management services help organizations effectively manage and implement change within their environment ...Read More
Information technology was once only considered a tool to help an organization achieve its strategy, but today it is regarded...Read More
WCG understands the importance of timely project delivery that meets the budgetary requirements and objectives of an organization ...Read More
WCG utilizes its experience, state-of-the- art security techniques, processes, tools and best practices to assist...Read More
In today’s complex digital world, where connectivity, confidentiality and availability are essential components of doing...Read More