Risk and Compliance Services Internship – University Students
Download Job Description
Purpose & Description
Wilson Consulting Group, LLC (WCG) is dedicated to advancing diversity and inclusion in business, society, and within our firm. Since we posted our Black Lives Matter statement, we have been allocating support of Black lives and a pursuit of racial justice and equity.
Wilson Consulting Group, LLC (WCG) has developed a PAID holistic and intensive cybersecurity internship program for undergraduate and graduate college students from local HBCUs and other well-known higher education institutions. Students will have the opportunities to work in our sales, marketing and consulting services departments and gain business and technical skills in information technology, information security and cybersecurity, sales and marketing. Students will gain practical skills, experience, industry training and certifications, making them more prepared for and attractive to the workforce.
Who We Are Looking For
WCG is hiring intelligent, hardworking, and passionate students who are studying Cybersecurity, Information Systems or Security, Engineering, Computer Science or other related fields.
Consulting Services (Risk and Compliance Services) Interns
Students will work with experienced staff in teams to pool together and enhance their experiences and data analytics, technical communication, problem solving, project management, leadership, and interpersonal skills to help solve current IT challenges and cybersecurity threats.
will work toward the following objectives but are not limited to:
General Skillsets and Requirements
- Gain hands-on technical experience by assisting with conducting Technical Security Assessments such as Security Authorization and Assessments, Cyber Security Assessments, Penetration Testing, Application Assessments and Wireless Assessments
- Apply knowledge of information technology and security and gain hands-on experience with open source tools such as but not limited to Nessus, Snort, Metasploit, Java, Python and OpenSSH
- Assist with auditing and the installation and configuration of network and operating systems with a specific environment
- Implement information security and regulatory standards best practices and assessment methodologies
- Receive cyber security certification training which will enable them to take the exam and get certified
- Understanding of best-practice security methodologies
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Ability to manage projects solo and project team members
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Limited experience with at least one of the following:
- Security Assessment and Authorization
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Penetration Testing
- Database security assessment
- Wireless security assessment
Students will gain practical, hands-on business and technical skills, work on real high-level client projects and major tasks, produce project deliverables, gain a professional reputation, and become competitive in the information technology, information security and cybersecurity industries. This will result in gainful employment in these fields and address the specific challenges facing disadvantaged communities and STEM and Communications.
WCG will conduct a performance review of students and provide these results to the students’ respective universities for internship credits.
How To Apply
Please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate which position you are applying for in the headline of email.
Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, students will be working remotely through a WCG-commissioned laptop computer.