ATO certification requires that systems be tested to verify compliance with applicable federal management, operational, and technical security guidelines, regulations, and controls. These guidelines included, but were not limited to:The tests and services WCG performed included:
- OMB Circulation A – 130, Management of Federal Information Resources
- Department of Labor (DOL) Computer Security Handbook
- DOL System Development Lifecycle Manual (SDLCM)
- DOL Technical Security Standards Manual
- NIST SP 800-30, Risk Management Guide for IT Systems
- NIST FIPS 31, Guidelines for ADP Physical Security and Risk Management
- NIST SP 800-37 (draft), Guidelines for Security Accreditation of IT Systems
- NIST SP 800-18, Guide for Developing Security Plans for Information Technology Systems
- Administration Procedures Act
- Title 29, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 70
- Information Technology Management Reform Act of 1996
- Privacy Act of 1974
- Computer Fraud & Abuse Act of 1986, as amended
- Freedom of Information Act, as amended
- E-Government Act of 2002
- Department of Labor Technical Security Standards Manual (TSSM)
- Department of Labor FIPS 199/Security Self-Assessment (MS Access)
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS 199)
- NIST Special Publication 800-53, “Recommended Security Controls for Federal Information Systems”
- NIST Special Publication 800-60, “Guide for Mapping Types of Information & Information Systems to Security Controls”
The assessment’s findings and recommendations were outlined in the recent Office of the Inspector General (OIG) reports. These included:
- DOL and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)security policies and procedures, and their enforcement
- Emergency response and recovery plans
- Physical security of facilities and equipment housing the information systems
- Use of the applications security features, including user administration and access control
- Level of user awareness and technical personnel training in security issues and technology
- Use and protection of all outside connections, including access via LANS, dial-up, and individual workstations/servers
- Susceptibility to non-technical attacks
- Unintended use of the information systems by OSHA personnel
Knowledgeable and Experienced Team
Our team has unparalleled experience aiding governments and businesses around the world in defending themselves against cybercrime, reducing risks, complying with regulations, and transforming their IT, security operations & infrastructure.
WCG has hands-on IT experts who have extensive knowledge and experience helping businesses.
We provide simple, straightforward pricing with no hidden agenda, miscellaneous charges, or add-on fees.
Personalized Customer Service
Our personable, dedicated staff to answer any questions you have at any time throughout the process.
Proven Track Records
WCG has an exceptional reputation and track record for numerous services.
Adopting to Your Needs
We develop and customize an approach that suits your immediate requirements and future goals. To achieve this, WCG will provide pragmatic insights and balanced views on how to prioritize any associated actions.
Services you may be interested in
WCG’s IT Change Management services help organizations effectively manage and implement change within their environment ...Read More
Information technology was once only considered a tool to help an organization achieve its strategy, but today it is regarded...Read More
WCG understands the importance of timely project delivery that meets the budgetary requirements and objectives of an organization ...Read More
WCG utilizes its experience, state-of-the- art security techniques, processes, tools and best practices to assist...Read More
In today’s complex digital world, where connectivity, confidentiality and availability are essential components of doing...Read More